Saturday, January 24, 2009

Coventry Library


I desperately needed a print so I went to the big library in the city center, the only place where I know I can do this. I asked lots of people and everybody directed me to this place.

I'm going in and I see 4 people at the front office. They redirect me at an upper floor. There, at another office 3 people were dealing with customers.

I ask: " - Can I have a print please?"
The answer: " - Do you have any sort of identification?"

Shock. Surprise. Lack of movement. " - Yes... "

They accepted my card and created me a visitor account, valid for one hour.

I have to mention this procedure took 5 minutes, since they were not computer literates and I think they had a problem with the software. There was a little panic for everybody and they were looking desperately for solutions, I had the feeling that it was like in an action movie with terrorists and the world is very close to the end. In the end, a guy fixed the problem with a "CTRL + ALT + DEL" secret combination key. Everybody was relieved that the crisis situation was over.

One nice lady showed me my computer and gave me the instructions for printing.

I do everything as asked and when I want to connect my USB stick I notice that the USB cable is missing. I went back to the office and asked them what do I have to do regarding this issue.

Panic again!!! They couldn't find something to help me so I asked them if I can take out the case from it's place and plug my stick in the USB port. They agreed, even I am not sure they completly understood what I meant.

I click print my page and I see a message on the screen telling me that I have to go to confirm at the office my print.

I'm going back to the office and they confirmed the printing order, telling me that to complete the process I have to go back to my computer and finish my session.

I do that, I go back to the office, confirming that I need 2 copies for my print.

It already passed 20 minutes, when I'm passed to another person dealing with the printer. I receive one copy...

I remind them that I need 2 copies and notice that they start to look each other, searching...

"No... Nooo... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

All I wanted was a print... in 2 copies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home